Adapted from Italy Food Magazine
Learn how to make this classic Italian dessert! Tiramisù, meaning “pick me up” is a very popular coffee flavored Italian custard. Its origins are known regions in Italy such as Veneto, Venezia, Piedmont, and others. Enjoy!
- 1 lb – 500g mascarpone
- 14 oz -350g ladyfingers
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- Coffee powder
- Shot of liquor
- 6 yolks of fresh eggs from which divide the yolks from the whites
- 1-cup 200 ml sweet cream to assemble
- Beat with an electric whisk the egg yolks by adding sugar until frothy.
- Whisk the egg whites and add to the mixture. Then pour the mascarpone. Now add the liquor and cream that you have mounted.
- Now put together the tiramisù creating a layer of ladyfingers soaked in coffee, then cover the layer of cookies with mascarpone cream and a dusting of cocoa. Repeat layering and finish with the cream, add plenty of cocoa.
- Store in refrigerator for 3 hours and then serve.